Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Doing a quick Juice/Fruit Fast

I'm retaining water and I'm not sure why.

I've been eating pretty good lately.

I've had a piece of cheesecake for fathers day but it was TINY and it was after a large salad of veggies (and 1/2 an avocado) and light dressing.

I don't eat many starches; no bread most days and if I do it's whole grain; non-white, high fiber, high bran bread. I don't eat pasta much ... maybe 2ce a month and that is whole grain pasta always; no rice; once in a while I'll have a potato but not too often ...see all of this stuff is COOKED foods. I don't eat many cooked foods.

My problem is exercise. I need to do it. I need to find the time to get out there and do it. I bought a pool recently and I have been walking around the pool and jumping and doing arm exercises while in the pool but I need to do more. My neighbor mentioned to me that they have water weights ... think I will go out and get me a set of those this weekend.

But to reduce my water retention I'm doing a juice/water fast today. It helps me to focus, it helps me to cleanse and to prepare myself for a stricter diet and more exercise ... 24 hours of juice and water. It's good for the soul!

I'll just be spending the entire day in the bathroom. And its noon now and my fingers seem to be back to normal size again. YAY! I've only visited the bathroom 8 times today.

2 comments:

  1. good luck on the cleanse. I've always been a bit interested in them but not enough to do them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darl Jo ... I've found them to be a good RESET switch for me. Keeps me motivated to loose weight when I can drop a lb or more from a juice fast; I realize fasting is not a way to loose weight but it's more of a way for me to RESET my mind (scale changes motivate me) and my body to prepare for better foods ... oh and a way to remove excess water from my retaining body.

    ReplyDelete